Run For Beer!
Join us on March 23 at 11am to kick off Skagit Beer Week with a 5k-ish course and great, local beer! Proceeds and donations will go to fund the Skagit Valley College (SVC) Cardinal Craft Brew Academy Scholarship through the SVC Foundation.
We’ve mapped out a course that starts and finishes at Cardinal Craft Brewing Academy. The 3-mile course weaves through the Port of Skagit trails taking you by Skagit Valley Malting, Garden Path Fermentation, Chuckanut Brewery and Flyers Restaurant & Brewhouse. Run, walk, jog at whatever pace you like and collect your 4 beer tokens at the finish line. Redeem your tokens at any (or all!) of the breweries.
We are all about being active, having fun and giving back to our local community. Since our inaugural event (the Brewery Running Series was founded in MN in 2012), we’ve have been able to donate over $100,000 back to local non-profits. So not only do you get to a little exercise and enjoy a great beer, you are contributing to our awesome community!
All participants get to enjoy a craft brew and take home a collector’s swag item from the Brewery Running Series + goodies and giveaways from our partners and sponsors + chance to win sweet door prizes! Your registration also earns you an invitation to stick around and enjoy the day’s entertainment, local vendors, and fun with our sponsors.
Registration is limited, so sign up today! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
- This is an open course, meaning roads will NOT be closed. You are responsible for obeying all traffic laws and regulations.
- We create each route to start and end at the brewery and to show off the surrounding neighborhood. We will have volunteers along the way to help you know where to go.
- Your registration includes one 16-ounce pint of craft beer from our participating breweries. At the finish line, you will be given 4 tokens -each worth 4 ounces. Mix and match, have a sample at each brewery, or cash them all in at one spot for a pint of your favorite brew -it is up to you! Chuckanut Brewery will be having a brewery tour at 12:30 – show your number for $4 pints.
- You must bring a valid ID or driver’s license. You do not need to be 21 to enjoy the event, but you must be 21 to enjoy the beer. Please drink responsibly. (Registered, underage participants will receive a token for a non-alcoholic beverage)
- We run rain or shine! Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- There will not be a bag check; please plan accordingly.
The fun-run starts at 11AM. Plan to arrive about 30 minutes prior to check-in and check out our partners, sponsors and pre-race activities. Don’t forget some extra $$$. In addition to your discounted beer and swag there will be merchandise for sale and plenty more beer!
There is public parking nearby. We always encourage carpooling and safe, designated drivers. Is public transit an option for you? Check and see if there’s an accessible route nearby.
Look for our informational email closer to the event. We will remind you of these details and share anything else you might need to know.
Skagit Beer Week is a week-long marathon of beer dinners, tastings, tap takeovers and educational events that occur all over Skagit Valley 3/22/2019-3/31/2019 with the Grand Finale event: Skagit Farm to Pint FEST 2019! Learn more here!
Cheers to beers! We’ll see you at Skagit Beer Week!