JOIN US ON MARCH 28TH, 2020 TO KICK OFF SKAGIT BEER WEEK WITH A 5K COURSE AND GREAT LOCAL CRAFT BEER!
For the Skagit Farm to Pint Beer Run 2020, we’ve mapped out a course utilizing the Port of Skagit trail system that starts and finishes at Cardinal Craft Brewing Academy! Proceeds will go to fund the Skagit Valley College Cardinal Craft Brew Academy Scholarship through the SVC Foundation.
The 3.1-mile course starts at Cardinal, then travels by Skagit Valley Malting, Garden Path Fermentation and Chuckanut Brewery. Run, jog or walk at whatever pace you like and collect 4 beer tickets and a Skagit Farm to Pint pint glass at the finish line. Redeem your tickets at any (or all) of the breweries.
In addition to quenching craft beer and a sweet pint glass, enjoy a cool swag bag with giveaways from our partners and a chance to win epic prizes in our raffles!
- This is an open course, meaning roads will not be closed. You are responsible for obeying all traffic laws and regulations. The course will be marked, and we will have volunteers along the way to help you know where to go.
- Your registration includes one 16-ounce pint of craft beer from our participating breweries. At the finish line you will be given 4 tickets -each worth 4 ounces. Mix and match, have a sample at each brewery, or cash them all in at one spot for a pint of your favorite brew -it is up to you!
- You must bring a valid ID or driver’s license. You do not need to be 21 to enjoy the event, but you must be 21 to enjoy the beer. Please drink responsibly. Registered underage participants will receive tickets to enjoy non-alcoholic beverages.
- We will run rain or shine, and there will be no bag check. Please plan accordingly.
Race Day Information
- 9:30 Number and swag bag pick-up opens. Day of race registration begins (if spots remain). Bring ID!
- 10:50 Runner Warm-up led by Skagit Valley College’s Health and Fitness Tech students
- 11:00 Run begins! Beer garden opens!
We have great neighbors at the Port of Skagit. Please feel free to park in area neighboring business lots. If you park on the street (Higgins Airport Way or Peterson Road) be sure your entire vehicle is outside the white line.
New for 2020
Order a colorful logoed Skagit Beer Run t-shirt when you register! Men’s and women’s sizes available. Shirts ordered before March 15th will be ready for pick up at registration.
At registration pick up a cooler bag provided by Port of Skagit! Inside you will find awesome surprises! It is a great day already!
- Enjoy a delicious cookie from WSU Bread Lab!
- For the first male and female finisher: Growler with Fill Certificate from Cardinal Craft Brewery and a free pizza from Moon Rocket.
- For the first canine finisher (with their runner and on a leash): A Mud Bay basket of toys and treats valued at $60-$80!
- Pick up your 4 tickets! Each ticket is redeemable for a 4-ounce pour from each of our participating breweries until 2 pm.
- And now you are hungry! Bring $ to purchase a made to order wood-fired pizza from Moon Rocket pizza right at the finish line from 11-2.
Your bib number is your entry. Raffle prizes will include swag (t-shirts, hats, glasses etc.) and gift certificates from participating breweries and sponsors and a grand prize of 2 Tickets to 2020 Skagit Farm to Pint Fest on April 4th- value $100. More details to follow!
More Beer Fun! This part is awesome!
- Free tour of Chuckanut Brewery at 12:30 plus $1 off pints all day with race bib
- Free tour of Garden Path Fermentation at 1:30 plus $1 off pints all day with race bib
- $5 pints at Cardinal Craft Brewery until 2pm
- $1 off all Moon Rocket wood-fired pizzas with race bib until 2pm
Look for our informational email closer to the event. We will remind you of these details and share anything else you might need to know.
Skagit Beer Week 2020 starts with a Collaboration Release Party, the Skagit Farm to Pint Beer Run and the Kick-off Concert at Tulip Town! All week-long expect a marathon of brewery tours, tap takeovers, yappy hours, doggy supply drive and educational craft beer events around Skagit Valley! Skagit Farm to Pint FEST on April 4 is the Grand Finale of Skagit Beer Week 2020!
Cheers to beers! We’ll see you at Skagit Beer Week!
Skagit Farm to Pint Beer Run 2020 FAQ
Q: When does online registration open and when does it close?
A: Registration is now open and will close when the race sells out or at 11:59pm on March 27th, whichever happens first. The race is capped at 100 participants. Registration price goes up to $35 on March 13th.
Q: How can I get a cool Skagit Beer Run T-shirt?
A: Both women’s and men’s cut t-shirts are available to order when you register. To assure you receive your size shirt on race day, shirts must be ordered before March 13th.
Q: What do I need to bring to packet pickup?
A: You must bring your ID (to receive beer tickets), and your email confirmation with QR code will make check-in go fast!
Q: How can I confirm that I am signed up?
A: The best thing to check first is to look in your email inbox for your confirmation email. You can also check your credit/debit card statement, or email us to verify.
Q: I cannot participate, but I would still like to pick up my swag. Can I pick it up?
A: Yes. You can send a friend or family member to packet pickup to get your race packet & swag, they will need your confirmation email.
Q: Is this race timed?
A: This race is purely for fun, the course distance is not certified, and participants will not be timed. There is a prize for the first male and female finisher, as well as raffle prizes.
Q: Are walkers welcome?
A: Absolutely yes!
Q: Are dogs welcome?
A: Yes-on leash of course! In fact, there is a 1st place prize for the first dog to finish. Thank you Mud Bay!
Q: Are strollers welcome?
A: Yes! However, we ask that you start towards the back of the pack, to ease congestion at the start line.
Q: What time does the run begin?
A: The race starts at 11am.
Q: Will there be porta-potties?
A: Porta-potties will be set up at the start/finish area at Cardinal Craft. There is also one porta-potty on the course.
Q: Can I sign up in person at on race day?
A: Yes, absolutely. You can pay with cash (exact change), or credit card. In-person registration is $35. We may have some t-shirts available for purchase, or you can special order one. The only way to assure you will receive your desired shirt is to register before March 13th.
Q: Are the breweries family-friendly?
A: All ages are welcome at both Cardinal Craft and Chuckanut. Garden Path is a 21+ establishment.
Q: Do you have to be 21+ to participate?
A: No, only to enjoy the beer. Non-alcoholic beverages will be available.
Q: Are the breweries dog-friendly?
A: Yes, Cardinal Craft, Chuckanut and Garden Path allow leashed well-behaved dogs on site.
Q: I’m hungry after a run, will there be food?
A: Yes, Moon Rocket Pizza food truck will be parked right at the finish line. Also, feel free to bring your own food and snacks to enjoy at any of the participating breweries.
Q: I’m a gal, what size women’s t-shirt should I order?
A: Here is a size chart provided by the shirt manufacturer: